When it comes to commercial doors in Riverside, there are many options available. Steel doors have become a popular choice, both for both homeowners and business owners. Before you make any final decisions, though, you should consider the pros and cons of each type. Let’s look at the pros and cons of steel doors.
Pros of steel commercial doors
- Hollow metal doors & frames such as steel are sturdy and are considered to be one of the most energy efficient doors on the market. Unlike wood, steel doors will not warp when it gets wet or is exposed to extreme weather conditions. They don’t need annual maintenance or require constant upkeep.
- These usually require less maintenance overall, making them a better financial choice overall.
- Rolling steel doors, as well as other types of doors, can be painted to suit your needs and tastes. They can be made as aesthetically pleasing as you like.
- Steel commercial doors offer the best long-term value, as they last much longer than other types of doors, such as wood. Whether you want automatic doors or manual, there is a selection that is sure to meet your needs.
- Since steel is one of the most recycled materials in North America, it is considered environmentally friendly to choose a steel door over other types.
- These doors are sturdy and can withstand the wear and tear of everyday use.
- Steel commercial doors are easy to produce, thanks to improved production methods; they’ve become cheaper over the years as well.
- Steel is not an easy material to break through, and will give thieves a reason to look for a softer and easier target.
- If desired, they can be accompanied by screens; this is valuable in the summer when you want to let some air into your office or store.
- They can be made to warm and inviting, and come in a variety of styles, colors, and features.
Cons of steel commercial doors
- While the doors can be painted any color, it is resistant to staining.
- They can be easily scratched or dented, which may lead to rust
- Although rolling steel doors in Orange and other locations are more elegant looking than they used to be, they are still behind when compared to wood. What they may lack in looks is made up of stability, security, and durability.
- Commercial overhead doors in Los Angeles and other locations around the country are not easy to install and are should not be considered a DIY project. You’ll need a professional technician to install the door and frame for you; this could drive up the cost. Most people are happy to outsource this work, so they can have peace of mind knowing that it was installed properly.
There are many options available for commercial doors in Riverside, Los Angeles and other locations around the country. Hiring a professional can help you decide which option is best for you. Much will depend upon your location, your budget, and how many doors you need for your business.
Barr Door specialists can assess your business and needs and advise you on the best commercial door solution for you. Call or visit today to learn more.